- 2 3⁄4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 diced apple
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Nestle butterscotch chips
- Set the oven to 375° F and place non-stick foil on a cookie sheet.
- Place the sug ar, soft butter, and shortening in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 2 mins.
- Add vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, continuing to beat on medium for 30 secs.
- Place flour, diced apple, cinnamon, cream of tartar, and baking soda in a medium-size bowl and stir with a fork to combine. Add flour mix to butter and sugar mixture, and beat on low speed until incorporated. Add butterscotch chips.
- Place the dough on the cookie sheet and repeat until the sheet is full. Bake for 10 minutes.