- 2 3⁄4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 diced apple
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Nestle butterscotch chips
- Set the oven to 375° F and place non-stick foil on a cookie sheet.
- Place the sug ar, soft butter, and shortening in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 2 mins.
- Add vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, continuing to beat on medium for 30 secs.
- Place flour, diced apple, cinnamon, cream of tartar, and baking soda in a medium-size bowl and stir with a fork to combine. Add flour mix to butter and sugar mixture, and beat on low speed until incorporated. Add butterscotch chips.
- Place the dough on the cookie sheet and repeat until the sheet is full. Bake for 10 minutes.
Subscribe to Sprinkles of History
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox