If you’ve ever searched chocolate chip cookies on Pinterest before, then you've seen the super thick chocolate chip cookies from Levian Bakery. These famous cookies weigh a whopping 6 ounces and are a staple in any travelers trip to New York City. The bakery that was founded by two friends in 1994, has four flavors but they are best known for their Chocolate Chip Walnut cookie. The other flavors include dark Chocolate Peanut Butter cup, Dark Chocolate chip and Oatmeal Raisin. The best part of this New York staple is that any food that isn't sold is given away to those in need! Love it!
While I'm not baking the go to, I am making a copycat of the mouth-watering Dark Chocolate Chip cookie. These cookies are seriously big and packed full of chocolate, I would say the chocolate lovers dream!
Copycat Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup of cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large egg, room temp.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark unsweetend cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
For the cookies
- Heat oven to 410 degrees.
- Mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 mins. Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Add the cocoa, cake flour, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt into the mixer and mix until just combined. Stir in the chunks.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 15 mins to chill.
- Line a baking pan and scoop out 8 balls of equal size, each ball should be 4.3 oz.
- Place 4 of the balls on the lined sheet and then place some chocolate chips on top. Place each ball 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 10-11 mins. Allow the cookies to cool for 15-20 mins. or the cookie will fall apart. Tasty!
Subscribe to Sprinkles of History
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox