Easter is just a hop away & these chewy Easter egg cookies are to die for! They are moist cake cookies with M&M Easter eggs inside. The eggs are chopped and whole for added color and texture! Be the star of your (maybe really small) Easter gathering this year.
Chewy Easter Egg Cookies
- 1 cup of butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large egg, room temp.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups M&M Easter eggs
For the cookies
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 mins. Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Add the cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the mixer and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate eggs.
- Line a baking pan and scoop out 8 balls of equal size, each ball should be 4.3 oz.
- Place 4 of the balls on the lined sheet. Place each ball 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 10-11 mins. Allow the cookies to cool for 15-20 mins. or the cookie will fall apart. Tasty!
If you like this recipe, subscribe to my blog for Recipes, Lifestyle, History and more!