I’m pretty much living for this Firecracker pound cake with cream cheese frosting right now. It is so good I couldn’t stop eating the frosting when I was making it! With 4th of July just days away, I thought I’d share my favorite facts about Independence Day! ⠀
1. Thomas Jefferson and John Adams were the only two men who signed the Declaration of Independence who also became president. They both died on July 4th, 1826, within hours of each other. ⠀
2. Benjamin Franklin wanted the national bird to be a turkey but was overruled and the Bald Eagle was chosen instead.
3. On the original American flag, the 13 stars for the 13 colonies appeared in a circle so that all the colonies would appear equal.
4. Only John Hancock actually signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, all the others signed later.
5. The White House held its first 4th of July celebration in 1801.
What did you find interesting or surprising? Tell me in the comments below!