What’s better then eating regular vanilla cake or brownies? Funfetti cake, of course, or blondies too, if you like! Funfetti is a delicate, brightly colored fun cake that was first introduced by Pillsbury in 1989.
The company created this simple cake mix and aired the first commercial for it and it was an instant success. Every kid in the ‘90s either had or went to a birthday party that featured that new and exciting sprinkle cake. One New York Times journalist even has the theory that millennials are obsessed with rainbow desserts because of Funfetti being so big in the ‘90s.
Making Funfetti is a super easy dessert because it’s simply vanilla cake and colorful sprinkles. The same goes for blondie brownies, you just add sprinkles!
Funfetti is now the go to birthday cake flavor because if it’s festive nature, what’s your favorite form of Funfetti? Cake? Brownie? Ice cream?
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a glass bowl melt the white chocolate. Once melted and smooth stir in the softened butter.
- Add sugar and mix well. Mix in salt, vanilla and eggs.
- Stir in flour.
- Carefully mix in sprinkles.
- Spread batter into a greased 8 inch pan. Add sprinkles on top if you want!
- Bake for 28-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before cutting.