Okay, so full disclosure, I don’t really like gingerbread. BUT, I played around with a cake recipe I have and turned it into a Gingerbread Latte recipe, and Oh. My. Gosh. It is sooo good! I very rarely eat my baking but I kept finding myself taking bites of this. Idk if it’s the perfectly moist gingerbread cake with espresso, the latte cream cheese frosting on top or the delicious little gingerbread cookies I made to go on top. Try for yourself so we can figure this mystery out!
Gingerbread Latte Cupcakes
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp. expresso powder
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- one package of cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. espresso powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a cupcake tin with liners.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, add hot water, espresso powder, oil and molasses. Stir and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing just until the yolk is blended in.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter alternating with wet mixture. Begin and end with flour mixture. Mix well, then fill each cupcake cup 3/4 of the way.
- Pour batter into each cupcake tin and bake cake for 30-35 mins.
- In a mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and butter. Then add powdered sugar and vanilla. Then mix more espresso powder and water mix in. Mix well. Pipe on to cool cupcake and eat up. Tasty!
For the fascinating history of gingerbread, click here!