Halloween Brownie Cookie Bars
- 2/3 cup canola or flavorless oil
- 2/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. fine salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Halloween Oreos
- Set the oven to 325 degrees and grease an 8x8 square pan.
- Place oil into the microwave bowl and heat 4-5 times in 5 second bursts until warm.
- Add the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. Let sit for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Place flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and whisk, set aside.
- Place eggs, powdered sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 1/2 minutes. Beat in vanilla.
- Add 1/2 of the cocoa mixture to the egg mixture and mix on medium speed, about 5 minutes. It should be shiny.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg and cocoa mixture and mix at medium speed, 1-minute.
- In a 9x9 pan, press the Nestle Cookie Dough into the bottom so that it is flat.
- Bake the cookie dough for 6 mins. Take the cookie out of the oven and place oreos in row. Take the brownie batter and poor it over the layered cookies.
- You can put crushed candy on top if you choose. Place the dish back in the oven for 30 mins.
- Let it cool for 30 mins before cutting. Tasty!
For the history of Halloween click here !