Here’s a little Nutella gooey-ness for you on this sunny Wednesday! I’m ob-sessed! They are so sooooo good probably the best cookie yet!
Nutella is a really cool ingredient because it has such a rich history. It was created by an Italian pastry chef named Pietro Ferrero in the 1940s. He created this sweet hazelnut paste during WWII when there was a shortage of cocoa. He shaped it into a loaf and sliced it like bread, which he called “Giandujot”.
Years later after the Ferrero company was created, Supercrema (Nutella) was created. However it wasn’t until Ferrero’s son played with the recipe that he came up with the Nutella we had today.
As the hazelnut creme took off, countries around the world started adapting the creme and using it in many different baked goods.
Have you heard of Ferrero Rocher Chocolate before? Yes? Well good because the same genius that brings you Nutella, also brings you those little hazelnut coated chocolates.
Nutella is good on pretty much anything, I personally like to eat it straight from the jar! What’s your favorite way to eat Nutella? Tag a friend who is obsessed with Nutella!
Nutella stuffed Levian Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup of butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large egg, room temp.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
For the cookies
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 mins. Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Add the cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the mixer and mix until just combined. Stir in the chips.
- Line a baking pan and scoop out 8 balls of equal size, each ball should be 4.3 oz.
- Place 4 of the balls on the lined sheet. Place each ball 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 10-11 mins. Allow the cookies to cool for 15-20 mins. or the cookie will fall apart. Tasty!
Subscribe to Sprinkles of History
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox