Now that my last name is McGonigle, I feel it is more then necessary for me to share a Harry Potter recipe. One treat from Harry Potter I've always wanted to try is a Pumpkin Pasty. I baked up some pumpkin pasties, which I know my husband will super excited about when he gets home. What is one treat from Harry Potter you've always wanted to try?
Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties
- 1 pkg Refrigerated Pie Dough
- 14 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs (divided)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or baking sheet.
- Roll out pie dough circle and cut three 5 inch circles of dough out of each.
- In a medium bowl beat together pumpkin puree, sugar, 1 egg, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Spoon 2-3 tbsp of pumpkin mix into the center of the small dough circles.
- Fold over the dough circles and pinch them shut to seal. Use a fork to help you if necessary.
- Using a sharp knife cut a small lightning bolt into the top of each pumpkin pasty for venting. Just 3 small slits, you can cut them in a zig-zag pattern if you want.
- In a small bowl beat the second egg. Brush the tops of each pumpkin pasty with the beaten egg.
- Bake the pumpkin pasties for 15 -20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 20 mins, then serve. Tasty!