4th of July is so close that I can practically smell the fireworks! These red velvet cookies with cream cheese frosting are to die for! The are perfect for any 4th of July BBQ. Check out the recipe below!
Red Velvet, White and Blue Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temp.
- 1 tbsp. 2% milk
- 2 tsp. red gel food coloring
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- Optional, sprinkles
- 8 oz. cream cheese frosting, room temp.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 stick of butter, room temp.
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting
For the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the butter and sugars together until creamy. Then add the egg, vanilla, food coloring, and milk.
- Mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture until well combined.
- Using a spatula, mix in the white chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into the desired size and bake for 6-8 mins. Let cool before adding the frosting.
For the frosting
- Mix the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar until fully mixed. Add vanilla.
- Pipe the frosting using a piping bag onto one of the flat side of the cookie. Then take another cookie and squish the two cookies together using the frosting to hold them together. Lastly, you can choose to rool the sides in sprinkles. Enjoy!
Subscribe to Sprinkles of History
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox