Santa Approved Double Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1/2 stick of cold butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg, room temp.
- 1/2 tsp. espresso powder
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark unsweetend cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp/ peppermint extract
- 1 crushed candy cane
For the cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 mins. Add egg and peppermint, mix well.
- In a seperate bowl, Add the cocoa, baking powder, all-purpose flour, baking soda, espresso and salt. Mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the liquid. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Then get 1 tbsp. of dough a roll into a ball. Take the ball and press the top into the crushed candy cane. Place on tray and repeat.
- Bake for 11-12 mins. Tasty!
For the history of Santa click here!