- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 block of cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Green food coloring gel
- Set the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl mix eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil, and buttermilk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Add the boiling water. Batter will be runny.
- Scoop batter into the cupcake liners, filling them 2/3 way full.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Put softened butter and cream cheese in a bowl and mix it on medium until it is smooth.
- Add in the vanilla, food coloring.
- Mix in on medium.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Make sure to mix well and there are no lumps.
- Decorate cupcakes as desired.